Monday, April 18, 2011

Daniel Joseph

Adam's aunt & uncle just had their baby boy about two weeks ago. They had asked us when she was about 5 months along, if we would be okay if they named him Daniel Joesph. Of course we were okay with it! He is the first baby born in either of our families since Danni.

My mom & I threw a shower for my sister-in-law who's getting married in May, and Barb brought Daniel. I felt bad that we hadn't gone to see him before, but I finally got to meet the little guy. When I held him he seemed so much smaller than Danni, even though he was 10 pounds compared to Danni's 6 pounds, 13 ounces. I think his face is thinner than Danni's was with her round cheeks too. Mom, Adam, and I all agreed that he probably felt smaller to hold, because Danni was hooked up to so many different things, and whenever we held her she was wrapped up in two blankets.

Before she left, Barb asked Adam and I if we would be Daniel's Godparents. We were honored, and said yes. His baptism is the morning that we were planning on doing Danni's birthday party (two days before her birthday).

Adam, mom, and I were talking later, and none of us can seem to call him "Danny." Adam has another cousin (on the other side) whose name is Danny, but I think because he's been around a lot longer than our Danni, it doesn't phase us at all. But holding a little tiny baby and calling him Danny we can't quite do. We thought maybe when he gets older we'll be able to call him Danny too, but only time will tell.

No comments: