Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hopefully Our Last Appointment!

Adam and I went in yesterday, for what I hope, was our last appointment. It was with Dr. Mahan, so now Adam has met all the docs at Comprehensive as well. She went over again, like Dr. Tumaneng did last week, signs of labor, when to go in, and that sort of thing. She listened to baby's heart rate, which was 150 bpm. I asked her how big she thought the baby was, and she estimated between 6 1/2 and 7 pounds. (Just like her big sister!) Then she did an internal exam... UGH! Now that I've had a couple, and two of them by Dr. Mahan, I can say that hers are the most painful. In fact, Adam commented after she left, "That sounded like it hurt!" (Yeah, ya think!) She said that baby is still at the +1 station, I'm 70% effaced, and 1 cm dilated. She suggested we make another appointment for next week, just in case. So on our way out we did. When we got into the car, I told Adam I was glad to hear that I am starting to dilate, but I really don't think it was worth finding out!

Then after dinner, we had our last prenatal visit with my doula, Ashley. She came over and brought her birth ball for me to borrow. She showed us some different positions to labor in, different ways Adam could help comfort me, different places he could apply pressure on my back and hips to help relieve pain. I think Adam will be a great labor support, especially with Ashley there to support both of us!

No comments: