Friday, July 29, 2011

I LOVE Pampered Pregnancy!

If you've read my posts about my appointments at Comprehensive, you probably remember me mentioning how I've gotten gifts at each appointment: bath salts, formula, stretch mark cream... Well, yesterday, I cashed in on what was, by far, my favorite gift: a free half hour massage!

The lady that did the massage didn't introduce herself by name, so I don't know what it is, but she was very nice. Since it is easiest to give a massage when a person is laying on their tummy, but pregnant ladies (especially 2 1/2 weeks from their due date!) have a hard time laying doing that without squishing the baby and being very uncomfortable, she had a "belly bolster" to lay on. That alone, was quite comfortable! I haven't been able to lay on my tummy for quite some time. When she came back in she had a prop for my ankles too, making it even more comfortable.

Since I only had a half hour (I didn't upgrade for a full hour for a cost), she said she would just do my neck, back, and legs. I was fine with that. I would have been happy with just my back! Having never had a massage before, I didn't really know what to expect, but it was amazing! So relaxing! Before I left for the appointment, I was thinking of maybe stopping at Target afterwards. I'm so glad I decided against it. Afterward, she commented that I looked sleepy. I was so relaxed that I could have fallen asleep. In fact, last night, I slept better than I have in about 2 or 3 weeks!

One thing I learned though, was how to use hot rocks in massage. Adam and I got some for a wedding gift, and have tried to use them a couple times, but they didn't work all that well. One time it kind of burned me. She used them to rub up and down my back and legs. The book that came with our hot rocks said to place them in certain spots on your back: that's how they burned me. (Adam took them off quick enough that I didn't actually get burned, but it definitely wasn't relaxing!)

No comments: