Monday, August 6, 2012

Lookin' Amazing!

Originally written June 22, 2012


So on Thursday, Adam's brother, Jon, came over since he was off work to hang out for a little while. When he got here, I opened the door to let him in, then ran back up the stairs. I stood at the top talking to him while he took off his shoes. When he looked up, he said, "Wow! You look amazing!" I was taken aback, since I was wearing stretchy yoga pants, and a shirt that I'm pretty sure has a hole in it. I gave him a confused thanks, and he said something about how I just had a baby, and I looked great. Well, Nora is 10 months old now, so I didn't just have a baby, but what he doesn't know is that I'm also 10 weeks pregnant. So I guess if others think I look good for having a 10-month-old, then I guess they probably won't be able to tell that I'm pregnant, even though I feel like I'm getting bigger and looking more pregnant than I did with either of the girls.

How far along?: 10 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: Still holding pretty steady... I was told the other day that I'm underweight and need to gain 38-40 pounds. I told her, "Good luck with that."
The Bump: I asked Adam about it the other night. He said, to him, it's there, but he knows. He said if he didn't know, he wouldn't think twice about it.

10 weeks
To be fair, here's one without Nora
making me look even bigger!

I thought I'd let you see what I looked like at roughly the same point with Nora and with Danni. You really do show sooner with each kid... :(
What I’m excited about/looking forward to: At this point, probably finding out the gender. We went garage sale-ing today and I bought a bunch of boy's clothes. I feel bad spending money on the stuff when we could well have another girl at this point (in which case, we really don't need more clothes!). Next Friday, we also have the first trimester screening. It's not that I'm dreading it, but I guess I'm just not excited about it.
Maternity Clothes: Nope. My belly band seems to have disappeared somewhere between my sister-in-law's house and our house though. I know I'm going to want it soon, so I'll either have to find it, or buck up the money to buy another. :(
Symptoms: With both girls my sciatic nerve pain pretty much went away, but this time it seems to bother me more. I guess that's not really a preggo thing, but I'm sure being pregnant has something to do with it. I've also noticed my c-section scar from Danni is getting tender again. I don't remember that happening with Nora though.
Belly Button in or out?: It's still half-out... though the other day I think I saw it all the way back in... maybe it was the way I was sitting... or sucking it in or something.
Food Cravings/Aversions: I really seem to love turkey & salami sandwiches with mayo, mustard, and pickles. If it's missing one of those ingredients, it's just not as good. (Don't worry, I toast the meat before I eat it... It's like eating a Quiznos!) :)
What I miss: Falling asleep easier without leg pain. I've started doing some stretches that the doctor recommended, and that seems to help.
Milestones: As of yesterday, our little cutie's face is "well-formed," though his (?) head is half the size of his body.

No comments: