So I've had all these pins pinned on Pinterest (whoa, a little redundant!) showing different ways to deal with lids in cabinets. I've been sick of mine sitting on the shelf taking up a bunch of space that I could use for... well, probably more stuff I don't actually need. This pin is probably the one that most closely resembles (though it really doesn't) what I ended up doing. I wanted them tucked away in a safer place than on the cabinet door like I've seen in some pins, because I didn't want it to be easy for my kids to get at them and break them. So here's my version!
There are probably quicker, easier, prettier ways than what I did, but I was trying to procrastinate while putting the dishes away (but I still was putting them away, since I mean, look, the lids look so much nicer now!). So I used what I had: scraps from a tongue and groove board from my brother's basement remodel project that I am in the process of turning into one of those growth rulers that you also see all over Pinterest (yep, it's been re-purposed twice!). The two pieces that I used were the tongue side of the board that I cut off about a 1/4 inch into the board past the tongue. I measured the cabinet front to back, then cut the pieces just slightly longer -we're talking maybe a 1/16 of an inch- so that they would stay by tension (okay, so a tension rod would totally do the trick, but like I said, procrastinating instead of putting the dishes away, and I didn't have them on hand). I tried installing them by lining up the back side, then sliding the front side down until they looked level, but since they weren't both exactly the same size after I cut them, I had to rasp (or sand) the end of the longer one of them down just a little. It seriously took me less than 10 minutes to do the whole thing, and that counts two trips back to the garage to rasp the one side. Super easy, and I love it!