Monday, July 23, 2012

Telling Daddy

Originally written May 14, 2012


I'll be honest, I didn't want to wait until Wednesday, our anniversary, to tell Adam. I told him on Monday. With both girls, I found creative ways to tell him about his newly conceived children, and this time was no different. (Danni's story, Nora's story) I asked him if I could give him his anniversary present early, even though we said we weren't going to do presents. He was fine with it, so when he got home he was talking to his brother, Jon, on the phone. I watched to make sure he didn't open his card or his gift bag that I had wrapped the pee stick up in. He didn't.

When he got off the phone, he opened his card and read it...
He couldn't figure it out, so he started pulling tissue paper out of the bag. When he pulled out the one that had the stick wrapped up in it, he still didn't have a clue what it might be. Then he started laughing as soon as he figured out that the two lines meant he was going to be a daddy, again! He laughed for quite a while, in shock, disbelief, and excitement, and finally came over and gave me a hug and kiss.

That night, I asked him if he thought (not hoped) it was a boy or a girl. He said what we have always said about any of our children, especially after having Danni, that he hopes its a healthy baby. The next day though, randomly, he came up to me all excited, and said, "I think it's a boy, I just have a feeling!" I've been thinking the same thing since I saw the two lines on the magical pee stick! I guess we'll find out in about 15 weeks!


How far along?: 5 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Still nothing.
The Bump: Not really showing, I think I look a little "fatter," but I'm sure it's just a mind game I'm playing on myself.
4 weeks 6 days
What I’m excited about/looking forward to: We scheduled our first appointment for 2 weeks from now. I'm kind of excited about that, but I know they won't really do much exciting, except refer me for the first trimester screening ultrasound.
Maternity Clothes: Oh dear, I surely hope not yet!
Symptoms: With both girls I felt sick more in the mornings. I seem to be fine in the mornings, but my tummy isn't so happy in the evenings.
Belly Button in or out?: It's still half-out. It popped at 19 weeks with Danni, and about 12 weeks with Nora... I'm hoping this time around it will at least make it to 12 weeks!
Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing specific. I'm just eating all the time. I was eating snacks a lot since I'm breastfeeding Nora, but I'm eating even more snacks now!
What I miss: Not having a tummy ache at night, I guess.
Milestones: Our baby is 2 mm long and this week the arm & leg buds will start to become visible.

No comments: